For most people, home is the place where a day starts and ends. Instead of the home being a place of clutter and chaos, how can you truly make it an oasis? The key in essence is to create a sense of calm, which can be achieved in different ways. Here are our top 10 tips.
1. Create cozy areas. Create a relaxation area in your home specifically dedicated as a place to recharge.
2. Find a relaxation focal point. Even if you don’t have a fireplace for everyone to gather around, you can still rearrange your space to create a focal point that can serve as the hub of relaxation activity. This could be done as simply as creating a cozy room, or an attractive communal table.
3. Infuse scents. In nature each season brings a fresh fragrance and scent. Fragrance can also help provide a sense of calm. Consider infusing calming scents into your home such as lavender, mint, juniper and sage.
4. Incorporate nature. Natural elements such as wood can help warm a space.
5. Provide comfort. When in doubt, add a cozy throw or plush pillows.
6. Use greenery. Succulents, trees and plants can help improve overall indoor air quality.
7. Integrate a neutral color palette. Adding earth tones goes a long way to add warmth and coziness to a space. Consider warm, shades of brown, green, yellow and red.
8. Open the windows. Natural light not only impacts moods, it helps enhance lives.
9. Add candles. Nothing signals calm and relaxation more than candles.
10. Unplug. Electronics usage is not only distracting, but a counterbalance to relaxation. Carve out a section of your day for device-free “me” moments.
10:15AM | Mon, April 06, 2020
09:15AM | Mon, April 06, 2020
08:15AM | Mon, April 06, 2020