For so many, the desire is for home to feel like a haven, a place where you feel warm, cozy and safe. Health is also top of mind, creating a clean and healthy environment. As you look for ways to beautify your environment, why not include ways to ensure clean design? Here are some Design Recipes tips.
• Remove shoes upon entry into your home to prevent tracking outdoor pollutants indoors.
• Wash and/or launder your clothing as much as possible to help keep your environment clean and fresh.
• If possible, switch from carpet to hardwood, especially in key areas such as entryways. Carpeting traps odors and dust mites.
• Consider making your own cleaners. Lemon juice and water is a fantastic cleaner, as is baking soda and vinegar.
• In bathrooms, consider using a nylon shower curtain instead of vinyl. Nylon is not only a greener choice, but in many cases feels like fabric and is washable.
• In bathrooms, be sure to close the toilet seat. Microparticles are released into the air during the flushing process.
• For kitchen and bathroom surfaces, whenever possible select materials that are nonporous. Nonporous surfaces such as quartz and porcelain are the easiest to clean and maintain.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
• Wash sponges or replace frequently. Place sponges in the dishwasher to clean, or replace them. This will help reduce the spread of germs.
• Deep clean. Deep cleaning on a regular and consistent basis will help maintain a healthy environment.
• Open the windows. There are so many benefits for allowing fresh, clean air to help ventilate your home from time to time.
10:15AM | Mon, April 06, 2020
09:15AM | Mon, April 06, 2020
08:15AM | Mon, April 06, 2020