Show of hands — who’s been baking bread during the pandemic?
Bread making has become very popular in the last couple of months, and people are experimenting with sourdough for the first time or trying their hands at fougasse and other types of artisan loaf, right on down to the humble white sandwich bread.
In the spirit of sharing our bakes on social media, I’m sticking with the smartphone as my camera of choice.
Last time I mentioned using a neutral background for food photography and I wanted to explain that a bit more with some visuals, using bread as a centerpiece.
Here are three commonly used choices. These loaves can all be found at Rustic Hearth Bakery on Mount Vernon Road in Cedar Rapids.
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Former Hawkeye Zach McCool carries on despite rare blood disease
- Iowa reports more than 350 new coronavirus cases Saturday
- Cedar Rapids man arrested after head-on fatal collision in Walford
- Cedar Rapids facility defies norm, heads for recovery after coronavirus outbreak
- Photos: A few hundred gather for the ‘I Can’t Breathe’ protest in Cedar Rapids
- Coronavirus in Iowa, live updates for May 30: State reports 8 more deaths