Show of hands — who’s been baking bread during the pandemic?
Bread making has become very popular in the last couple of months, and people are experimenting with sourdough for the first time or trying their hands at fougasse and other types of artisan loaf, right on down to the humble white sandwich bread.
In the spirit of sharing our bakes on social media, I’m sticking with the smartphone as my camera of choice.
Last time I mentioned using a neutral background for food photography and I wanted to explain that a bit more with some visuals, using bread as a centerpiece.
Here are three commonly used choices. These loaves can all be found at Rustic Hearth Bakery on Mount Vernon Road in Cedar Rapids.
MORE BEHIND THE LENS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football at Purdue: Live updates, highlights, box score and more
- Iowa high school football playoffs: Updated brackets released for third round
- A red flag for Iowa Hawkeyes after they got lots of yellow ones against Purdue
- Iowa sees highest number yet for coronavirus hospitalizations
- Iowa QB Spencer Petras has mixed results in first career start
- Purdue 24, Iowa 20: Hawkeyes leave season opener ‘frustrated, sad, upset’