Show of hands — who’s been baking bread during the pandemic?
Bread making has become very popular in the last couple of months, and people are experimenting with sourdough for the first time or trying their hands at fougasse and other types of artisan loaf, right on down to the humble white sandwich bread.
In the spirit of sharing our bakes on social media, I’m sticking with the smartphone as my camera of choice.
Last time I mentioned using a neutral background for food photography and I wanted to explain that a bit more with some visuals, using bread as a centerpiece.
Here are three commonly used choices. These loaves can all be found at Rustic Hearth Bakery on Mount Vernon Road in Cedar Rapids.
MORE BEHIND THE LENS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Linn reports 45 new virus cases, Johnson 36
- Iowa football schedule: Hawkeyes open Big Ten season on Sept. 5
- Iowa’s 2020 football schedule: Omigosh, this is strange
- Coronavirus testing declines in United States as cases increase
- Grassley rips Democrats for blocking extension of jobless benefits
- Gov. Kim Reynolds gets good marks in poll despite voter disagreement with state pandemic policies