A hog roast, donut’s on a bridge and tasty events from the Freedom Festival are in this week’s lineup:
June Wine Tasting
Taste 10 new wines and enjoy a pizza buffet at this tasting event hosted by certified sommelier Jose Reyes. Tickets are $20, but $10 will be refunded with purchase of three or more bottles.
- When: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday
- Where: Vineria Wine Shop, 264 Blairs Ferry Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids
- Cost: $20
- Reservations: (319) 373-6141 or email email@example.com
Hurts Donut Pop-up
Watch the Freedom Festival Parade from Lion Bridge’s windows with a beer and a doughnut, the breakfast of champions. Hurts Donuts will serve up five doughnut varieties, with suggested Lion Bridge beer pairings.
- When: 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday
- Where: Lion Bridge Brewing Co., 59 16th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids
- Details: (319) 200-4460
Freedom Festival: Taste of Freedom Street Taco Showdown
Cap off the Freedom Festival parade with some tasty tacos. Five Hy-Vee chefs will compete, serving up their best street tacos. Try them all for $10, or try a few for $3 per taco.
- When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- Where: NewBo City Market, 1100 Third St. SE, Cedar Rapids
- Cost: $3 to $10
- Details: freedomfestival.com
The Pig and Porter anniversary Hog Roast
Help The Pig and Porter celebrate its second birthday with a hog roast feast. The menu includes roasted pig, watermelon, sweet corn, potato salad, vegetable coleslaw, barbecue baked beans and smoked hot sausage, plus beer and wine, including a collaboration beer, When Pigs Fly, created for the occasion by Iowa Brewing Co.
- When: Noon to 4 p.m. Sunday
- Where: The Pig and Porter, 1028 Third St. SE, Cedar Rapids
- Cost: $45 meal, $5 for three drink pours
- Tickets: (319) 200-4414
Freedom Festival: Pancake Breakfast
Kick off the Fourth of July with a hearty pancake breakfast. Veterans Memorial Building exhibits will be open during the event, with the Freedom Festival Car Show outside on the Third Avenue bridge. Vintage Jammers will provide live music.
- When: 8 to 11 a.m. Wednesday
- Where: Veterans Memorial Building, 50 Second Ave. Bridge, Cedar Rapids
- Cost: $2 to $6
- Details: Freedomfestival.com