Want some Christmas-related food events? We’ve got you covered.
Thursday Nights at Hancher: Holiday Cookie Decorating
Throughout the season, Hancher is open Thursday nights, whether or not there is a performance that evening, with food and beverages available from the Stanley Cafe. This week, pair your snacks with holiday cookie decorating.
• When: 5 to 7:30 p.m. today
• Where: Hancher Auditorium, 141 E. Park Rd., Iowa City
• Details: hancher.uiowa.edu/thursday-nights-hancher
A Big Grove Christmas
Santa Claus is coming to Big Grove for this family-friendly event. Meet the big man himself and get a photo before stepping up to the build-you-own hot chocolate bar, complete with whipped cream, sprinkles, cookie bites, candy canes and more.
• When: Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Big Grove Brewery, 1225 S. Gilbert St., Iowa City
• Details: facebook.com/pg/BigGroveBreweryIC/events
Bricks Bar & Grill will present a five course dinner prepared by chef Justin Zehr, paired with 12 stout beers from local and national breweries.
• When: Noon to 5 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Bricks Bar & Grill, 320 Second Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $70
• Details: facebook.com/pg/BricksBarAndGrill/events
Winter Farmers Market
Don’t let winter get you down. Stock up on fresh produce, meats, specialty foods, eggs, arts and crafts and more at this winter market.
• When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday
• Where: Johnson County Fairgrounds, Building C, 4261 Oakcrest Hill Rd. SE, Iowa City
• Details: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cocktails and Cocoa with the Clauses
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
Enjoy cocoa and warm cocktails while the kids get to meet Santa, Mrs. Claus, their reindeer and an elf.
• When: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday
• Where: Black Sheep Social Club, 600 First St. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Details: facebook.com/pg/iamtheblacksheepcr/events
10:15AM | Thu, July 02, 2020
10:00AM | Thu, July 02, 2020
07:00AM | Sun, June 28, 2020