It’s getting to be harvest season, and that theme is reflected in the food events in Cedar Rapids — Iowa City area.
Jingle Cross World Cup Wine Walk
Tour France, Italy, Spain, New Zealand, Argentina, and the United States all while enjoying cyclocross bike races during the weekend-long Cyclo-Cross World Cup event. Tickets include a commemorative wine walk glass, tour punch card, six sample pours and collectible wrist bands from each country.
• When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Johnson County Fairgrounds, 4261 Oak Crest Hill Rd. SE, Iowa City
• Cost: $15
• Details: jinglecross.com/wine-walk
Happy Harvest Party
Learn about the Johnson County Food Policy Council and how policies shape a community through the food we eat and how it gets to our plates, with free samples from Big Grove Brewery, light snacks.
• Where: Vue Rooftop, Hilton Garden Inn, 328 S. Clinton St., Iowa City
• When: 3 to 6 p.m. Monday
• Cost: Free
Lunch and Learn: We Love (Local) Eggs So Many Ways!
Chef Jay Schworn of Salt Fork Kitchen prepares local eggs a variety of ways. Lunch from the menu available for purchase.
• Where: Salt Fork Kitchen, 112 E. Main St., Solon
• When: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday
• Cost: Free
Stroll through downtown Iowa City and sample dishes made from local ingredients at New Pioneer Food Co-op, Basta, Saint Burch Tavern, Local Burrito, Get Fresh, Pullman Diner and Trumpet Blossom.
• Where: Check in at New Pioneer Food Co-op, 22 S. Van Buren St., Iowa City
• When: 5:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 19
• Cost: $15 to $30
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
Farm to Table Dinner
This vegetarian meal by Chef Andy Schumacher of Cobble Hill will be served at sunset on the Nature Center’s string-lit patio. Of the $130 ticket price, $65 is a tax-deductible donation in support of the nature center.
• When: 5:30 to 9 p.m. Sept. 19
• Where: Indian Creek Nature Center, 5300 Otis Rd. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $130