Communal Kitchen Meal
Participate in Amana’s original dining experience at the Communal Kitchen Museum. Enjoy traditional Amana recipes and a short program. Reservations and prepayment required. This month’s menu includes creamed chicken, potato dumplings, green beans, cabbage salad, pickled beets, cottage cheese with chives and obstkuchen.
• When: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 27
• Where: Communal Kitchen Museum, 1003 26th Ave., Middle Amana
• Cost: $25
• Details: amanaheritage.org
Cedar Rapids Brewing Society Happy Hour
Come down to Lion Bridge Brewing Company the last Sunday of every month (except December) and sample free beer provided by the Cedar Rapids Brewing Society. Learn about different beer styles, what’s cool and new in brewing, or find out how you can make your own beer at home.
• When: 3 p.m. Sunday, July 28
• Where: Lion Bridge Brewing Company, 59 16th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: Free
• Details: cedarrapidsbrewingsociety.org
This evening of outdoor dining includes a five-course meal featuring products sold at the Grinnell Farmers Market or produced by Local Foods Connection farmers and prepared by local chefs. Guests will be able to visit with local farmers who grew the ingredients, and proceeds from the dinner will benefit the farmers market and Local Foods Connection. The meal includes a pork, chicken or vegetarian option, starters and dessert, plus a complimentary glass of housemade kombucha with fresh summer berries and optional Iowa vodka.
• When: Social hour 5 p.m., dinner 6 p.m. Sunday, July 28
• Where: Grinnell College, 1115 Eighth Ave., Grinnell
• Cost: $65
• Details: grinnellchamber.org/index.cfm?NodeID=93273
Women in Wine: Rockstar Winemakers from the Pacific Northwest
Enjoy a paired tasting menu featuring wines from the Pacific Northwest, including the creations of winemakers Anne Hubatch (Helioterra, Whoa Nelly & The Guild Wines) and Pam Walden (Willful and Jezebel Wines). The evening, a partnership between First Avenue Winehouse and Wineworks, will include small bites from Andy & Vic of Blend Events.
• When: 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1
• Where: Indian Creek Nature Center, 5300 Otis Rd. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $85
• Details: bit.ly/2LoYAhU