Celebrate all things chocolate with treats from a variety of vendors at local shops, along with live music and children’s activities.
• When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Downtown Mount Vernon
• Details: visitmvl.com/chocstroll
Johncy’s Craft Beer Festival
Local breweries will pour samples, alongside summer wines, cocktails and Caribbean cuisine from Island Vybz food truck. Five in a Hand will perform, and proceeds will be donated to a local charity.
• When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Johncy’s Liquor Store, 585 Highway 965, North Liberty
• Cost: $20
• Details: (319) 626-2046
Marion BBQ RendezVous
Dig into barbecue and other food vendors while enjoying cold drinks, live music and kids activities at this event hosted by the Marion Metro Kiwanis.
• When: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Lowe Park, 4500 N. 10th St., Marion
• Details: facebook.com/marion.bbq.rendezvous
Pop Up Culinary Affair
Guests can sample their way through seven courses presented by local chefs, with each course paired with wine, local beer and signature cocktails. Ben Schmidt will provide live music, with proceeds benefiting student mentoring and scholarship programs through the Iowa Restaurant Association Education Foundation.
• When: 5 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday
• Where: VUE Rooftop, Hilton Garden Inn, 328 S. Clinton St., Iowa City
• Cost: $40
• Tickets: (515) 276-1454, restaurantiowa.com
Farm to Table Dinner
Rapid Creek Cidery chef Matt Steigerwald will present a menu inspired by foods of the Eastern Mediterranean and the Iowan summer. Served at sunset on the Nature Center’s string-lit patio, the even starts with a cocktail hour followed by a five-coure meal.
• When: 6 to 9 p.m. June 6
• Where: Indian Creek Nature Center, 5300 Otis Rd. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $130
• Tickets: indiancreeknaturecenter.org/gallery/farm-to-table-dinner