Iowa River Landing Wine Walk
Every Thursday and Saturday, today through July 27, visitors to Iowa River Landing explore wine and food, with a different restaurant and geographic featured each night. Participants will receive a Wine Walk passport, which can be stamped and redeemed for special prizes and raffle entries. Stamps are earned when visitors order a Wine Walk menu pairing at the featured restaurant. Tonight’s restaurant is Konomi Grill, featuring sake from Japan. Other participating restaurants include WineStyles Iowa River Landing (Spain, July 13), Vesta (Napa Valley, July 18), Marquee Pizzeria (Italy, July 20), Louie’s Wine Dive (France, July 25) and La Vecina (Mexico, July 27).
• When: Thursdays and Saturdays, through July 27
• Where: Iowa River Landing District, Coralville
• Details: iowariverlanding.com/irl-wine-walk
Tour de Brew
Get ready for RAGBRAI with this beer, food and biking event. Hosted by Millstream Brewing, Co. this ride starts and ends at the brewery, with stops for beer and snacks along the route. This all-ages ride includes root beer along the route. Registration is 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., with the ride from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and live music at the brewery from 1 to 9 p.m.
• When: 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, July 13
• Where: 835 48th Ave., Amana
• Cost: $27
• Details: (319) 622-3672, millstreambrewing.com/event/tour-de-brew
North Liberty Blues & BBQ
Three-time Grammy nominated musician Shemekia Copeland headlines this free festival, with the day’s lineup of live music paired with barbecue and Iowa craft beer. Fifteen food vendors and sixteen Iowa craft brewers are scheduled to sell barbecue, ice cream, beer, cider, root beer and more.
• When: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, July 13
• Where: Centennial Park, North Liberty
• Admission: Free
• Details: northlibertyblues.org
Communal Kitchen Dinner
Experience Amana’s historic dining tradition at the Communal Kitchen Museum, featuring traditional recipes and short program. The menu includes boiling beef, boiled potatoes, cooked spinach, horseradish, cold salads, bread, butter and nusskuchen (hazelnut cake).
• When: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 13
• Where: Communal Kitchen Museum, 1003 26th Ave., Middle Amana
• Cost: $25
• Reservations required: (319) 622-3567 or email email@example.com
Iowa Brewing Co. brewers will share stories of their inspiration and craft, discussing the philosophy behind brewing beer and sharing how new brews come to fruition.
• When: 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 16
• Where: Cedar Rapids Public Library, 450 Fifth Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Admission: Free
• Details: crlibrary.org