You thought holiday themed eating ending with Christmas? Oh you sweet summer child.
Holiday Grand Tasting
Sample 10 wines from around the world, all with a minimum rating of 90 points. This is a seated event and includes a pizza buffet.
• When: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday
• Where: Vineria Wine Shop, 264 Blairs Ferry Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $25, get $10 back with purchase of three or more bottles of the wine being sampled
• Details: vineriawineshop.com
Bubbly Tasting Extravaganza
Taste a lineup of bubbly bottles, just in time for New Year’s Eve.
• When: 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday
• Where: WineStyles Cedar Rapids, 4201 42nd St. NE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: Free
• Details: winestyles.com/cedarrapids
New Year’s Eve: #PartyWithUs
Ring in the New Year at Caucho, where a prix fixe menu will be available alongside select regular menu items. The kitchen will remain open late, and there will be suggested drink pairings and specials all night, plus a sparkling wine toast at midnight and door prizes.
• When: 5 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Tuesday
• Where: Caucho, 1202 Third St., SE, Suite 102, Cedar Rapids
• Details: facebook.com/pg/cauchorestaurant/events
New Year’s Eve Pairing dinner
A signature arrival cocktail will be followed by four course dinner paired with Cedar Ridge wines and spirits. The menu includes arugula and spinach salad, tomato bisque, brandy braised lamb shank and red wine poached pear empanada.
• When: Seatings at 5:30 and 8 p.m. Tuesday
• Where: Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery, 1441 Marak Rd. NW, Swisher
• Cost: $65
• Details: crwine.com
Barrel Aged January Kick-Off
Lion Bridge Brewing Company kicks off every year with a month of limited edition barrel aged beers. The month starts with a tapping of 2018 vintages of XXXX Mild & Rye GAZPROM. There will be live music by Young the Lion from 6 to 8 p.m.
• When: 3 to 10 p.m. Jan. 2
• Where: Lion Bridge Brewing Company, 59 16th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids
• Details: lionbridgebrewing.com