Wood Iron Grille in Oskaloosa has Iowa’s best burger, at least according to the Iowa Beef Industry Council. The restaurant, 2214 S. 11th St., Oskaloosa, opened last fall and took the title in the council’s 2019 competition with burgers made of a mix of ground chuck and beef short rib. Other restaurants that made the Top 10 list include Saucy Focaccia in Cedar Rapids, Landmark Restaurant in Williamsburg, Dotzy’s Restaurant & Grill BBQ in Elgin, Morgan’s Corner Bar & Grill in Ottumwa, The IowaStater Restaurant in Ames, Ankeny Diner in Ankeny, Ride’s Bar & Grill in Fort Dodge, Robin’s Nest Cafe & Bakery in Clarinda and The Twisted Tail Steakhouse & Saloon in Logan.
Sag Wagon North, at 503 Iowa St., Center Point, is now Bully’s North, after sale of the business. The cyclist-friendly sports bar just off the Cedar Valley Nature Trail, is a companion restaurant to Bully’s Angle Inn in Walford, both owned by Jeff Bulicek.
Lindale Mall has a new coffee kiosk, Java Jack, which opened at the end of April. Its logo features a smiling pug, and its Facebook page says it serves fresh, locally roasted coffee.
Partnership of the Creameries
Old Creamery Theatre, 39 38th Ave., Amana, and Ely-based Dan & Debbie’s Creamery are teaming up to create custom flavors for each of the theater’s main stage productions, starting with “Basement Coffee” ice cream, created for the current production of “Church Basement Ladies,” which runs through May 26. Other flavors also will be sold at the theater concession stands.
• Have a restaurant news tip? Email email@example.com or call (319) 398-8339.
MORE RESTAURANTS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- UI law professor Christina Bohannan defeats Rep. Lensing in Iowa House primary
- Brad Kunkel easily wins sheriff’s primary in Johnson County
- Incumbents cruise to victory in Johnson County supervisors race
- Authorities: Heavily armed men linked to Davenport violence this weekend
- Ashley Hinson wins chance to challenge Finkenauer in November
- Spike in coronavirus deaths reverses downward trend in Iowa