Chew on This features the latest restaurant news in the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City areas. Have news that should be featured? Contact Alison Gowans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A brewery is slated to open this month in Central City. Bit Brewery will be at 26 Fourth St. N. The brewery Facebook page says it will offer a handcrafted beers as well as wood-fired pizzas.
A new bar is planned for Cedar Rapids. Amy Winker and Jake Brummer plan to open Kingston Pub at 729 First Ave. SW in early July.
The bar’s Facebook page says the business started with, “Just a young couple with a common dream of owning and operating a pub in the fine city of Cedar Rapids ... Together they want to build this dream and bring one of the best establishments in town to the community they call home.”
Alcohol to go isn’t going anywhere
Before adjourning this week, the Iowa Legislature voted to make permanent Gov. Kim Reynolds emergency proclamation that bars and restaurants may sell alcohol to go. The law also allows the sale of wine growlers.
Comments: (319) 398-8339; email@example.com
MORE RESTAURANTS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school softball: It’s time for crossing fingers, holding breath — and social distancing
- Micro businesses set to open at West End Marion on Friday
- A broken light, a bunch of hit batters ... and a doubleheader split for Iowa City West, C.R. Kennedy
- Brooks Brothers files for bankruptcy
- Coronavirus pandemic saps Iowa casino revenue by about 20 percent
- Iowa summer kids program goes online amid health concerns