Six national award-winning vendors will compete at this finger-licking event. Other non-competing vendors will sell additional food and drink items. Special activities during the festival include a Salute to Veterans today, Canvas and Cocktails Friday, Beerfest on Saturday and Family Fund Day on Sunday.
• When: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. June 20, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. June 21 and June 22, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 23
• Where: McGrath Amphitheatre, 475 First St. SW, Cedar Rapids
• Admission: Free with Freedom Festival button or $3 adults, children 12 and younger free. Free admission 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday, free admission for bicyclists 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and free admission for veterans, law enforcement and first responders all day today. Canvas and Cocktails and Beerfest have additional fees.
• Details: mcgrathamphitheatre.com/bbq-roundup
Martini Shake Off
Sip your way through martini and craft cocktail samples featuring local mixologists at this event benefiting HAVlife Johnson County. The evening also features food and live music from Kevin “B.F.” Burt. HAVlife supports local youth participation in music athletics and the arts.
• When: 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, June 13
• Where: Graduate Hotel, 210 S. Dubuque St., Iowa City
• Cost: $50
• Details: johnsonco.havlife.org
The German sausage-making tradition is alive and well in the Amana Colonies, and this festival celebrates that tradition. Find sausage vendors from Iowa and surrounding states, who will compete for titles like Best in Wurst and more, plus a beverage tent, live music, games and more. Earn your own sausage chops at Wurst University and stick around for the Dachshund Derby to see some sausage-shaped canines strut their stuff.
• When: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, June 15
• Where: Market Barn area, 622 46th Ave., Amana
• Admission: $5
This beer tasting event on the NewBo City Market lawn benefits Metro North Rotary’s local service projects, with DJ Commando, pretzels, souvenir tasting glasses and yard games served up alongside local and regional craft beers.
• When: 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, June 15
• Where: NewBo City Market, 1100 Third St. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Admission: $5 designated driver, $30 regular admission
• Details: mnrlagerlympics.org
Into the Blue: Art, Beer, and Food
Lion Bridge Brewing Company and the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art are partnering to explore art in many forms. Try small plate pairings of beer, food and art, with pairings based on the “Into the Blue: Iowa Artists Juried,” a color-specific celebration of Iowa artists on display at the museum this summer. There will be a brief program by the museum at 6 p.m., with artists invited to attend. No tickets are required; patrons can order the suggested “blue” food a la carte or as a four-course meal.
• When: 3 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, June 18
• Where: Lion Bridge Brewing Company, 59 16th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT
• Details: lionbridgebrewing.com/lbevents