Downtown Mount Vernon hosts the Chalk the Walk Festival annually on the first full weekend of May. The festival presents the work of hundreds of artists using downtown city streets as the canvas. In honor of the 50th anniversary of the New York music festival that changed pop culture, “Woodstock,” by Ukrainian artist Veronika Demenko, was chosen as this year’s collaborative art piece. Here are photos from this year’s festival.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Missing: Cedar Rapids man disappeared more than 2 months ago, his family wants answers
- Another big shot for Alexis Sevillian: No. 22 Iowa rallies past Minnesota
- Iowa 2020 depth chart projections, RB: The runway is clear for Tyler Goodson's takeoff
- Blairstown man killed in head-on Benton County crash Wednesday
- California investor buys future Amazon delivery station in Iowa City
- Cedar Rapids Prairie senior Johnny Washburn lets his wrestling do the talking