Downtown Mount Vernon hosts the Chalk the Walk Festival annually on the first full weekend of May. The festival presents the work of hundreds of artists using downtown city streets as the canvas. In honor of the 50th anniversary of the New York music festival that changed pop culture, “Woodstock,” by Ukrainian artist Veronika Demenko, was chosen as this year’s collaborative art piece. Here are photos from this year’s festival.
Photos from Chalk the Walk Festival Saturday in Mount Vernon
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids woman accused of setting up motel meeting with man for robbery scheme
- Two Cedar Rapids teens charged with firearms get lower bail, pretrial release
- Former West Union officer, Sierra Fox, sues city
- Bond Shymansky’s contract outlines consequences of NCAA violations
- Big Ten baseball tournament 2019: Schedule, scores, TV
- 3 sought in weekend shooting that killed 2 teens