When you’re photographing food at home, you have full control over the way things are arranged — the fabrics, textures and props you want to use.
It can be helpful to use a color wheel for ideas if you feel overwhelmed trying to come up with a creative color combination. Food photography is heavily influenced by what’s current in design, and the color wheel is a tool designers and artists constantly rely on for a creative boost.
A rainbow is its simplest form: red, red-orange, orange, yellow-orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, blue-green, blue, blue-violet, violet, red-violet.
MORE BEHIND THE LENS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Monday storm forecast to drop up to a foot of snow
- Former Iowa football player Dalles Jacobus plans next steps for music career
- Iowa’s COVID-19 hospitalizations dip to four-month low
- Photos: Northern Iowa and Iowa State vs. Oklahoma Wrestling
- Fact Checker: Are classrooms in pandemic as safe as Gov. Reynolds claims?
- Fewer Iowans are getting tested for COVID-19