When you’re photographing food at home, you have full control over the way things are arranged — the fabrics, textures and props you want to use.
It can be helpful to use a color wheel for ideas if you feel overwhelmed trying to come up with a creative color combination. Food photography is heavily influenced by what’s current in design, and the color wheel is a tool designers and artists constantly rely on for a creative boost.
A rainbow is its simplest form: red, red-orange, orange, yellow-orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, blue-green, blue, blue-violet, violet, red-violet.
MORE BEHIND THE LENS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa high school football roundup: Third-round playoff scores, stats and more
- Iowa high school football playoffs 2020: Here are the state quarterfinal matchups
- West Delaware pummels Washington in highly-anticipated Class 3A playoff game
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy literally runs its way to Class 4A playoff quarterfinals
- No. 1 Cedar Rapids Xavier edges Dubuque Wahlert in Class 3A playoffs, 17-14
- Solon scores first 27 points, beats Independence in Class 2A playoffs