When you’re photographing food at home, you have full control over the way things are arranged — the fabrics, textures and props you want to use.
It can be helpful to use a color wheel for ideas if you feel overwhelmed trying to come up with a creative color combination. Food photography is heavily influenced by what’s current in design, and the color wheel is a tool designers and artists constantly rely on for a creative boost.
A rainbow is its simplest form: red, red-orange, orange, yellow-orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, blue-green, blue, blue-violet, violet, red-violet.
MORE BEHIND THE LENS ARTICLES ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Dallas Hobbs, Cedar Rapids Washington grad, at the forefront of Pac-12 football player movement
- Iowa announces plans for some fans to attend football games this season
- Vice President Mike Pence returning to Des Moines next week
- Kaitlin Hotchkiss continues Cedar Rapids Xavier’s run of Pribyl golf titles
- Man suffers life-threatening injures after explosion at residence in northwest Cedar Rapids
- FCS college football season inching closer toward postponement to spring