Swiss Light Artist Gerry Hofstetter and his daughter Céline Hofstetter brought their ‘Light Art Grand Tour USA – 50 US Monuments in the Spotlight’ to the University of Iowa’s Pentacrest Thursday night.
The tour stop in Iowa is one of a tour of 50 state monuments. The show in Iowa City featured light art created by the Hofstetters and their team projected onto the Old Capitol building.
“I selected the building because it stands for the birth of the state, it stands for the vision of the nation,” Hofstetter told the Gazette. “In this building, there were sessions, meetings, events; it’s an interactive place, where people exchange ideas. That’s a philosophical link to our tour — we are about exchanging ideas.”
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Cedar Rapids man attacks woman with machete, police say
- Now it really gets interesting for Iowa football
- John Waters: Cedar Rapids mayor’s comments ‘amazingly entitled’
- Power of TV political ads limited, Iowa State report says
- Lou King, golfer who helped launch Amana VIP Pro-Am and founder of veterans program, dies at 93
- Stat Pak: Iowa goes for 300 yards passing one week, 200 rushing the next