CEDAR RAPIDS — With rain and lightning in the forecast, Saturday’s Chicago concert is moving indoors to the U.S. Cellular Center, 370 First Ave. NE. All tickets purchased for the McGrath Amphitheatre performance will be honored at the U.S. Cellular Center show, which starts at 8 p.m.
“The safety of our patrons and staff is our number one priority, and the increased risk of lightning strikes and substantial rainfall predicted for Friday into Saturday evening is concerning,” Michael Silva, executive director of VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids, said in a prepared statement. “We feel this move will be to the benefit of our patrons and the artist.”
Patrons who have already purchased tickets for the event are in the process of being notified. Tickets for the new event are available at the U.S. Cellular Center Box Office, 1-(800) 745-3000 and Ticketmaster.com. Cost is $45 to $145.
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- No. 23 Iowa 26, Purdue 20: A win, a Wisconsin loss and Brandon Smith doesn't seen terribly injured
- Cedar Rapids Xavier shows versatility in MVC volleyball runner-up finish
- Iowa vs. Purdue Game Report: Grades, numbers, notes and more
- Iowa's Riley Moss waited almost a year for that interception against Purdue
- Iowa football vs. Purdue: Final score, stats, highlights and more
- Freshmen Dillon Doyle and Jack Campbell step in at middle linebacker for Iowa