CEDAR RAPIDS — With rain and lightning in the forecast, Saturday’s Chicago concert is moving indoors to the U.S. Cellular Center, 370 First Ave. NE. All tickets purchased for the McGrath Amphitheatre performance will be honored at the U.S. Cellular Center show, which starts at 8 p.m.
“The safety of our patrons and staff is our number one priority, and the increased risk of lightning strikes and substantial rainfall predicted for Friday into Saturday evening is concerning,” Michael Silva, executive director of VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids, said in a prepared statement. “We feel this move will be to the benefit of our patrons and the artist.”
Patrons who have already purchased tickets for the event are in the process of being notified. Tickets for the new event are available at the U.S. Cellular Center Box Office, 1-(800) 745-3000 and Ticketmaster.com. Cost is $45 to $145.
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Free tea: Iowa City encourages residents to pick tea at planters around the city
- Former Cedar Rapids RoughRider Mitch Reinke and his St. Louis Blues ready for Stanley Cup Finals
- Iowa City police looking for missing autistic man
- Kirsten Gillibrand in Cedar Rapids touts record of electoral, legislative wins
- Photos from Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers’ Market Saturday
- Man accused in Tarrance Newman’s shooting may not be competent to stand trial