Coralville’s annual bang-up celebration features activities for all ages, leading up to the big bash on July 4. Activities will be off and running Saturday morning, with a 5K run/walk beginning at the Coralville Recreation Center. One of the region’s largest parades will wind through town Tuesday. Then S.T. Morrison Park becomes the headquarters Tuesday and Wednesday for entertainment, food, a carnival and finale fireworks Wednesday night. Tuesday’s big draw is a free concert in the park. Bring seating, but be prepared to dance to Kevin “B.F.” Burt at 6:30 p.m. and international superstar Rick Springfield at 8 p.m.
Saturday (6/30), Tuesday (7/3) and Wednesday (7/4), S.T. Morrison Park, 1513 Seventh St., Coralville; most events are free; Coralville.org/310/4thFest
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Police: Drunk motorcyclist takes officers on high speed chase down I-380, reaching 111 mph
- Earlier start boosts Chris Peters’ confidence in 2nd District race
- Linn County Sheriffs apprehend white BMW driver wanted from Jones County
- Midland grinds out Week 0 victory over No. 5 Lone Tree
- Hard Drive Performance Center set for Saturday grand opening in downtown Cedar Rapids
- Preseason Iowa high school volleyball rankings: Janesville favored in 1A again