Coralville’s annual bang-up celebration features activities for all ages, leading up to the big bash on July 4. Activities will be off and running Saturday morning, with a 5K run/walk beginning at the Coralville Recreation Center. One of the region’s largest parades will wind through town Tuesday. Then S.T. Morrison Park becomes the headquarters Tuesday and Wednesday for entertainment, food, a carnival and finale fireworks Wednesday night. Tuesday’s big draw is a free concert in the park. Bring seating, but be prepared to dance to Kevin “B.F.” Burt at 6:30 p.m. and international superstar Rick Springfield at 8 p.m.
Saturday (6/30), Tuesday (7/3) and Wednesday (7/4), S.T. Morrison Park, 1513 Seventh St., Coralville; most events are free; Coralville.org/310/4thFest
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Collins Aerospace to offer voluntary buyouts
- Downtown Cedar Rapids Harold’s Chicken moves
- Trump’s EPA proposes clean water rollback
- Iowa high school basketball roundup: Dec. 11 area scores, stats and more
- Little guy Logan Burg comes up big as Cedar Rapids Prairie rallies past Linn-Mar
- Gov. Reynolds names ‘teachers’ cabinet’