Participants in the inaugural St. Patrick’s Day Parade in 1976 traveled a mere two blocks. Since then, the route has grown to about 11 blocks, and this year’s route was extended to 13 blocks as parade entrants will be turning from Second Avenue SE to First Street SE to avoid construction on Second Street SE.
Only ✌️ days til SaPaDaPaSo Parade 2019! Check out this year's route and parking availability to make the day a breeze⬇️ pic.twitter.com/BtX2qAZCPm— Park Cedar Rapids (@ParkCedRapids) March 15, 2019
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Staff resignations prompt students to walk out
- Aidan McDonough’s OT power-play goal lifts Cedar Rapids RoughRiders over Chicago in Game 2
- Iowa golf wins and sets records at Hawkeye invitational
- Apple, Qualcomm, Intel and the future of 5G
- Motorcyclist seriously injured Saturday in NW Cedar Rapids
- Iowa legislators in sight of finish line