Participants in the inaugural St. Patrick’s Day Parade in 1976 traveled a mere two blocks. Since then, the route has grown to about 11 blocks, and this year’s route was extended to 13 blocks as parade entrants will be turning from Second Avenue SE to First Street SE to avoid construction on Second Street SE.
Only ✌️ days til SaPaDaPaSo Parade 2019! Check out this year's route and parking availability to make the day a breeze⬇️ pic.twitter.com/BtX2qAZCPm— Park Cedar Rapids (@ParkCedRapids) March 15, 2019
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Name released of man killed on Highway 13
- Iowa football players bond at Solon Beef Days hay bale toss
- Class 4A Iowa high school baseball substates: First-round scores, updated schedule
- Iowa football notes: Oliver Martin moves along the transfer process
- Iowa City Liberty survives, advances in 4A substate baseball bracket
- RAGBRAI 2019: Longest legs, biggest climbs and the stops