Participants in the inaugural St. Patrick’s Day Parade in 1976 traveled a mere two blocks. Since then, the route has grown to about 11 blocks, and this year’s route was extended to 13 blocks as parade entrants will be turning from Second Avenue SE to First Street SE to avoid construction on Second Street SE.
Only ✌️ days til SaPaDaPaSo Parade 2019! Check out this year's route and parking availability to make the day a breeze⬇️ pic.twitter.com/BtX2qAZCPm— Park Cedar Rapids (@ParkCedRapids) March 15, 2019
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Modern Piping saga not quite over? UI reverses promise to pay contractor in Children’s Hospital dispute
- Be Kind, Rewind: New Cedar Rapids bar is a tribute to the 1980s
- Drake Relays form chart 2019: Unofficial qualifier list
- Fire closes Riley’s, Broken Spoke
- West's Peyton Steva isn’t merely coasting home as high school track career winds down
- ConnectCR dream takes leap toward reality