Participants in the inaugural St. Patrick’s Day Parade in 1976 traveled a mere two blocks. Since then, the route has grown to about 11 blocks, and this year’s route was extended to 13 blocks as parade entrants will be turning from Second Avenue SE to First Street SE to avoid construction on Second Street SE.
Only ✌️ days til SaPaDaPaSo Parade 2019! Check out this year's route and parking availability to make the day a breeze⬇️ pic.twitter.com/BtX2qAZCPm— Park Cedar Rapids (@ParkCedRapids) March 15, 2019
MORE Arts & Culture ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion hires Pete Messerli to be new head boys' basketball coach
- Construction worker falls from beam in downtown Cedar Rapids, sustains life-threatening injuries
- Old with the new and how Chris Doyle shapes Iowa's football culture
- Former Iowa City High track coach John Raffensperger dies
- Cedar Rapids man faces 20 years in scheme to steal internet domain doitforstate.com
- University of Iowa seeks bids to raze University Club