Drink Local Festival
Join the Cedar Rapids Brewing Society, home brew clubs from across the state, and professional craft brewers to celebrate the art of craft beer, with more than 200 beers, meads, ciders and sodas available to sample, plus music by Analog Vault and food from the Sausage Foundry.
• When: 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Benz Beverage Depot, 501 Seventh Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $25 to $30
Immigrant Foodways: Feeling Hungary?
When people immigrate between countries, they bring their culture, including their food, to their new homes. Many central European countries have influenced each other’s cuisine in countless ways. Join Tomas Slepicka to make Hungarian-Czech and Slovak fusion dishes.
• When: 1:30 p.m. Saturday
• Where: National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library, 1400 Inspiration Place SW, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $20
Barks & Brews
Local breweries and wineries will pour samples, there will be live music, silent auction, and bounce house for kids — those 12 and under get in free — plus adoptable dogs to meet. This annual beer tasting event is the largest fundraiser of the year for Last Hope Animal Rescue. Friendly dogs are welcome to attend with their humans.
• When: 2 to 7 p.m. Saturday
• Where: NewBo City Market, 1100 Third St. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $20 general admission, $40 VIP
World Food & Music Festival
Join the Women’s Auxiliary of American Legion Club 76 for their inaugural Heritage Day event, celebrating food from different cultures, along with live music. Food vendors include Rodney Jamaican Jerk, TC Bonez, Tap ‘N’ Tacos, Yolanda’s Asian BBQ, Island Vybz, Snow Biz and Sugapeach Chicken & Fish Fry. Bands include Dave Zollo, Reggae Rapids, Trophy Dads and Short Cut to Nowhere, and there will be a bounce house, face painting, bubble zone and tie dye.
• When: 3 to 11 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Club 76 The Lodge, 2349 Mehaffey Bridge Rd. NE, North Liberty
• Cost: $5 adults, 13 and under free
• Details: facebook.com/pg/club76nlia/events
Cuisine in the Corn: A Taste of Jamaica
Jamaican-influenced food made with Iowa ingredients and Caribbean-inspired live music and entertainment are on the menu at this meal in the middle of a cornfield at Bloomsbury Farm. Tickets include entertainment, buffet dinners, two drink tickets, an unlimited Jamaican-influenced cocktail, bonfire and more. Proceeds supports Four Oaks’ youth and family programming.
• When: 5:30 to 10 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Bloomsbury Farm, 3260 69th St., Atkins
• Cost: $80
• Details fouroaks.org