Tomorrow is the first day of autumn. Celebrate the new season with a few socially-distant activities
1. Make a big pile of leaves in your backyard or a park, and leap inside.
2. Carve or paint a pumpkin.
3. Try your hand at pumpkin bowling.
4. Slip a sheet over your head and haunt your house like a ghost.
5. Take a walk and pick out your favorite house decorated for Halloween.
6. Sip a mug of warm apple cider at home.
7. Bake a pumpkin or apple pie.
8. Build a pillow fort and watch Hocus Pocus.
9. Fill a bucket with water and apples and have your own apple bobbing contest.
10. Play touch football in your yard or the park with family.
11. Race to make a mummy by wrapping someone up in toilet paper.
12. Make caramel apples.
13. Lace up your hiking boots and admire the autumn leaves on a trail.
14. Turn off the lights and tell scary stories.
15. Play “Ghost in the graveyard” tag.
16. Drink a root beer to celebrate Oktoberfest.
17. Use yarn to make giant spider webs.
18. Make a leaf rubbing (we teach you how on the next page).
19. Draw bats and pumpkins on construction paper and decorate.
20. Make your own Pumpkin Spice drink by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.