116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: Maryland (8-4 overall, 0-1 Big Ten) at Iowa (10-3, 0-2)
When/where: 8:07 p.m. Monday, Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
TV: BTN (Kevin Kugler/Brian Butch)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Maryland leads, 7-5
1. Iowa’s Keegan Murray leads the nation in scoring with 23.7 points per game. He is one of four Big Ten players (Illinois’ Kofi Cockburn, Wisconsin’s Johnny Davis, Ohio State’s E.J. Liddell) averaging at least 20 ppg.
2. Maryland’s lone Big Ten game was a 65-61 home loss to Northwestern. Iowa fell 77-70 at Purdue and 87-83 at home to Illinois.
3. Iowa leads the Big Ten in points per game (87.9), free throw percentage (.793) and turnover margin (+6.5).
4. Both teams have three-game winning streaks. Maryland beat Brown, 81-67, after trailing 39-35 at halftime. Senior guard Eric Ayala had a season-high 22 points. He leads the Terrapins with 14.9 ppg.
5. Iowa beat Maryland in their sole meeting last year, 89-67 at Maryland. Iowa’s Connor McCaffery had 10 assists, while Joe Toussaint had six steals. They are career-highs for both.