116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: Iowa (6-0) at Virginia (5-2)
When and where: Monday, 6:01 p.m., John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, Va.
TV: ESPN2 (Anish Shroff/Cory Alexander)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Iowa leads, 2-1
Six things to know:
1. This is the first game of the 2021 ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Iowa is 8-12 in the Challenge, but has won its last three games in it and six of its last eight.
2. Iowa’s Keegan Murray leads the nation in scoring with 25.7 points per game. Junior guard Armaan Franklin is Virginia’s leading scorer at 13.0 points per game. He is a transfer from Indiana. He was 5 of 20 from the field over two games against Iowa last season.
3. Tony Bennett is 300-105 as Virginia’s coach. His Cavaliers won the national championship in 2019.
4. The last meeting between these two teams was a Virginia win in the 2016 Emerald Coast Classic. Iowa beat the Cavaliers in the 1997 NCAA tournament and 2013 NIT quarterfinals.
5. The fewest points Iowa has scored is 85. Virginia hasn’t allowed that many points in its last 26 games.
6. Iowa is one of five Division I programs with unbeaten men’s and women’s basketball teams. The others are Iowa State, Arizona, BYU and Duke.