116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
CEDAR RAPIDS — For $75, a sommelier will lead guests through a tasting of eight French wines while they enjoy light appetizers.
The event, Láska z Francie (Love from France) Wine Tasting, will begin at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library, 1400 Inspiration Pl. SW.
Dr. Stephen Greif will lead the group through the following:
- Champagne from the Champagne region
- Bourgogne Blanc (White Burgundy) Chardonnay from Burgundy
- Vouvray (Chenin Blanc) from the Loire Valley
- Bourgogne Rouge (Red Burgundy) Pino Noir from Burgundy
- Beaujolais (Gamay) from the Beaujolais region of Burgundy
- Left Bank Bordeaux Red Wine
- Right Bank Bordeaux Red Wine
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape / Gigondas (Syrah) from the Southern Rhone Valley
Greif is a certified, second-level sommelier, one of eight certified sommeliers in Iowa, and the only person in the world who is both a dentist and certified sommelier, according to the museum.
RSVP is required, and tickets can be purchased at ncsml.org/event/laska-z-francie-love-from-france-wine-tasting.
Comments: (319) 398-8340; firstname.lastname@example.org