116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Home / News / Government & Politics / Public Officials
Precautionary water advisory issued for NW Cedar Rapids addresses
The City of Cedar Rapids has issued a notice asking water customers at the addresses listed below to consider boiling water used for personal consumption as a precautionary measure.
They particularly are concerned about those who are pregnant, nursing, or have infants under the age of 6 months. They suggest these people use bottled water only.
The advisory was issued due to a water main break, according to the city. A baceteria analysis of the water should be completed by Friday at 5 p.m.
Affected Addresses are located in the regions spanning:
- On Johnson Avenue NW, between 28th Street NW and 23rd Street NW
- On D Avenue NW, between 26th Street and 28th Street
- On 24th Street NW, between Johnson Avenue and Burch Avenue
- On 23rd Street NW, between Johnson Avenue and Burch Avenue
- On 26th Street NW, between D Avenue and Maple Drive NW
- On 27th Street NW, south of Johnson Avenue, but not in the area between Sue Lane NW and 1st Avenue
- On 28th Street NW, between D Avenue and Johnson Avenue