Food and drink events coming up this week in Eastern Iowa.
Eat up for a good cause at the BBQ Bash to benefit Shelter House. The menu includes smoked meats, sides, dessert and beverages including beer donated by Big Grove Brewery and cider from Wilson’s Orchard, with one drink included with each adult ticket. Along with the meal, the evening includes activities for kids, backyard games and live music by HomeBrewed.
• When: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday
• Where: Johnson County Fairgrounds, 3109 Old Highway 218 S, Iowa City
• Cost: $35 adults, $10 children 6 to 12, $5 children 3 to 5, 2 and under free
Monsters and Merlot
Get into the spirit of Halloween at this evening of merlot, food and the undead. The ghoulish cocktail hour starts at 6 p.m., followed by a moonlit hayrack ride to the dining area. Zombies will served the themed meal featuring dishes like Zombie Loin, Monster Mashed Potatoes, Cryptic Veggie Medley, Dreadful Dinner Rolls and Deadly Dessert. After the meal, guests will be invited to go through the three-part haunted attraction. Reservations required.
• When: 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Bloomsbury Farm, 3260 69th St., Atkins
• Cost: $79.95
Swamp Fox Festival Family Breakfast
Dig into pancakes, eggs and sausage at this Swamp Fox Festival event hosted by the Marion Noon Lions Club under the canopy in front of the Marion Heritage Center. Proceeds will help fund the Lions Club’s efforts to help eliminate blindness worldwide and improve the community.
• When: 7 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday
• Where: 590 10th St., Marion
• Cost: $6 adults, $4 children 5 to 10, 4 and under free
• Details: cityofmarion.org/swampfox
Caucho chefs Andy Schumacher and Allie Lanham will present a three-course meal of all new brunch dishes, paired with cocktails featuring Cedar Ridge Bourbon in this collaborative event. The cocktail pairing is optional and served alongside bottomless coffee from Dash Roasters.
• When: 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday
• Where: Caucho, 1202 Third St. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $25 brunch, $15 optional cocktail pairing
• Reservations: (319) 200-2525 or email email@example.com
Beers in the Barnyard
Enjoy an evening of live music, food, wine, local craft beer from Iowa Brewing Company, games and auctions in support of the Cedar Rapids Parks Foundation. All food and beverage is included with your ticket. Proceeds benefit the Cedar Rapids Parks Foundation’s capital improvement projects for Old MacDonald’s Farm including ADA accessibility and interactive experiences to enhance educational programs.
• When: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 3
• Where: Old MacDonald’s Farm at Bever Park, 2700 Bever Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids
• Cost: $50
l Details: facebook.com/pg/crparksfoundation/events