Salvatore Giunta, a former Hiawatha resident who earned a Medal of Honor for his actions as a member of the Army in Afghanistan, joined several other Medal winners to endorse Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.Read more at this notebook post from Gazette reporter James Q. Lynch.
WHAT TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Q&A: Iowa making plans for hemp farming by 2020
- Jones Golf Course back to full strength — for now
- F&M Bank pulling out of Westdale
- Johnson County Jail inmate found with heroin
- Former mayoral candidate Jorel Robinson to run for Cedar Rapids City Council
- Iowa high school state softball 2019: Our predictions