116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
One person died and two others were treated after being exposed last week to carbon monoxide in a Waucoma home, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.
Last Thursday evening, authorities said they got a call about a medical emergency at 205 First Ave. NE in Waucoma. An investigation found that people staying in the home were running a generator in the basement without proper ventilation. One adult male was pronounced dead, and two others received medical treatment. Their names were not released.
The sheriff’s office said first responders to the scene started experiencing lightheadedness and were transported to hospitals for treatment for apparent carbon monoxide exposure.
The incident remains under investigation.