116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Here’s a look at how players from Eastern Iowa and the University of Iowa are doing in affiliated professional baseball. Statistics are through Saturday. Former Iowa Hawkeyes pitchers Drew Irvine (Pittsburgh Pirates) and Trenton Wallace (Toronto Blue Jays) recently signed professional contracts but have not officially been assigned to a minor league club, yet.
- Jake Adams (Iowa/Houston Astros) — First baseman is Iowa’s all-time home runs leader for a season but was released recently by the Astros after hitting only .141 in 27 games this season for Double-A Corpus Christi. Hit .226 in 304 games as a professional, with 50 home runs and 175 RBIs.
- Nick Allgeyer (Iowa/Toronto Blue Jays) — Pitcher has been designated for assignment by the Jays, meaning he has been taken off the 40-man MLB roster and must clear waivers before being sent back to the minors. He became the first former Hawkeye under Coach Rick Heller to make it to the bigs, throwing one scoreless relief inning recently for Toronto. Has a 3-2 record and 4.37 ERA in 11 games, six starts, for Triple-A Buffalo.
- Joel Booker (Iowa/Chicago White Sox) — Outfielder went 2-for-20 in an eight-game stint at Triple-A Charlotte but is now at Double-A Birmingham, where he is hitting .211 in 38 games.
- Tyler Cropley (Iowa/Kansas City Royals) — Third catcher for Double-A Northwest Arkansas has played only 16 games. Hitting .220 in 50 at-bats, with a homer and five RBIs.
- Zach Daniels (Cedar Rapids Kennedy/Iowa/Atlanta Braves) — Reliever had his ERA down to 1.14 but has given up a run in each of his last four appearances for High-A Rome. Has a 1.76 ERA overall in 19 games, allowing just 22 hits in 30 2/3 innings.
- Nick Gallagher (Iowa City West/Iowa/Cleveland Indians) — Reliever has given up runs in seven of his last nine appearances for high-A Lake County. Is 1-3 overall with a 4.50 ERA in 22 games. Has given up fewer hits than innings pitched, though, and has 47 strikeouts in 36 innings.
- Korry Howell (Kirkwood C.C./Milwaukee Brewers) — Wisconsin outfielder hitting just .200 in July, which has dropped his season batting average to .266 in 56 games. Has 11 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs, 36 RBIs and 14 stolen bases.
- Grant Judkins (Iowa/Oakland Athletics) — Pitcher from Pella has an 0-4 record and 5.06 earned run average in 11 games, nine starts, for low-A Stockton. Was signed by Oakland in offseason as a non-drafted free agent.
- Mitch Keller (Cedar Rapids Xavier/Pittsburgh Pirates) — It has been seven appearances, five starts, for the right-handed pitcher since being sent to Triple-A Indianapolis by the Pirates. Has a 1-0 record and 2.35 ERA. Has allowed 20 hits and struck out 30 in 23 innings, walking 10.
- Mason McCoy (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Shortstop for the Triple-A Norfolk Tides is hitting .221 in 60 games, with three homers and 23 RBIs.
- Cole McDonald (Iowa/Houston Astros) — Remains on the 60-day injured list at low-A Asheville. Has pitched in one game, one inning with two walks and a strikeout.
- Robert Neustrom (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Outfielder has played in four games since being promoted to Triple-A Norfolk, where he is a teammate of former Iowa teammate Mason McCoy. Is 3-for-13 in those four games, with a homer and two RBIs.
- A.J. Puk (Cedar Rapids Washington/Oakland Athletics) — ERA continues to creep down for the lefty pitcher at Triple-A Las Vegas, thanks to a 0.87 mark in six July appearances. Is 2-3 with a 6.89 ERA in 21 games. Has allowed 43 hits in 31 1/3 innings, with 40 Ks.
- Brady Schanuel (Iowa/Milwaukee Brewers) — Has 3-0 record in 21 relief appearances for high-A Wisconsin with a 5.40 ERA. Has allowed 26 hits in 31 2/3 innings, walked 20 and struck out 39.
- Scott Schebler (Cedar Rapids Prairie/Los Angeles Angels) — Outfielder hitting .235 in 53 games for Triple-A Salt Lake, with nine homers and 32 RBIs. Was taken off L.A.’s 40-man MLB roster last month after playing 14 games this season for the Angels.
- Connor Van Scoyoc (Cedar Rapids Jefferson/Los Angeles Angels) - Has pitched in four games, three starts, for the Rookie-level Arizona Complex League Angels. Has 0-1 record and 6.23 ERA, allowing 13 hits and seven walks in 13 innings, striking out 13.
- Spencer Van Scoyoc (Cedar Rapids Jefferson/Philadelphia Phillies) — Is on the 60-day injured list for High-A Jersey Shore.
Comments: (319)-398-8258, firstname.lastname@example.org