116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Here’s a look at how players from Eastern Iowa and the University of Iowa are doing in affiliated professional baseball. Statistics are through Saturday.
- Jake Adams (Iowa/Houston Astros) — First baseman hitting just .130 in 20 games four Double-A Corpus Christi. Has three home runs and 10 RBIs.
- Nick Allgeyer (Iowa/Toronto Blue Jays) — Has a 3-2 record and 4.24 earned run average in nine appearances, six starts, as a pitcher for Triple-A Buffalo. Has struck out 44 in 40 1/3 innings.
- Joel Booker (Iowa/Chicago White Sox) — Outfielder is hitting .195 in 27 games for Double-A Birmingham. Had a three-hit, four-RBI game a week ago.
- Tyler Cropley (Iowa/Kansas City Royals) — Has played in just eight games as a backup catcher for Double-A Northwest Arkansas, hitting .214 with a home run and three RBIs.
- Zach Daniels (Cedar Rapids Kennedy/Iowa/Atlanta Braves) — Continues to pitch well in relief for high-Class A Rome. In 12 appearances, he has a 2-1 record, a save and a 1.37 earned run average, with 21 strikeouts in 19 2/3 innings.elief pitcher for High-Class A Rome.
- Nick Gallagher (Iowa City West/Iowa/Cleveland Indians) — It has been 15 bullpen appearances for high-A Lake County for the former West High Trojan and Iowa Hawkeye. He’s 0-2 with two saves and a 2.66 ERA, with 35 strikeouts in 23 2/3 innings.
- Korry Howell (Kirkwood C.C./Milwaukee Brewers) — Wisconsin outfielder continuing a very good early season, hitting .305 in 34 games with seven homers and 21 RBIs. Also has 11 stolen bases. His OPS of .959 ranks second in the High-A Central League.
- Mitch Keller (Cedar Rapids Xavier/Pittsburgh Pirates) — Since being demoted to Triple-A Indianapolis, pitcher has gotten in three appearances, one start, allowing two earned runs in 5 2/3 innings, five hits and three walks, striking out seven.
- Mason McCoy (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Infielder is hitting .224 in 34 games for Triple-A Norfolk, with two homers and 13 RBIs.
- Cole McDonald (Iowa/Houston Astros) — Remains on the 60-day injured list at low-A Asheville. Has pitched in one game, one inning with two walks and a strikeout.
- Robert Neustrom (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Outfielder hitting .267 in 42 games for Double-A Bowie, with three homers and 35 RBIs. His runs batted in total ranks fourth in the Double-A Northeast League.
- A.J. Puk (Cedar Rapids Washington/Oakland Athletics) — Lefty pitcher continues to struggle at Triple-A Las Vegas. He has a 2-3 record and 11.50 ERA in 13 appearances, allowing 28 hits (nine home runs) in 18 innings.
- Brady Schanuel (Iowa/Milwaukee Brewers) — Relief pitcher for high-A Wisconsin has a 2-0 record and 5.64 ERA in 14 appearances. Has 24 strikeouts in 22 1/3 innings.
- Scott Schebler (Cedar Rapids Prairie/Los Angeles Angels) — Outfielder played 11 games in the big leagues earlier this season and has played 38 games for Triple-A Salt Lake, hitting .281 with eight homers and 31 RBIs.
- Spencer Van Scoyoc (Cedar Rapids Jefferson/Philadelphia Phillies) — Is on the 60-day injured list for High-A Jersey Shore.
Comments: (319)-398-8258, email@example.com