116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
In the ’90s, nearly every kid had one of these on their backpack — or they wanted one. These critters are the perfect accessory.
What you need:
- Beads of assorted colors: 32 for the body (Color 1), 2 for the eyes (Color 2), 12 for the feet (Color 3), 4 for the belly (Color 4)
- 4 feet of string
- A key ring
What you do:
1. Fold the string in half and tie a knot around your key ring.
2. Thread the first bead through both strings and pull tight.
3. Repeat with the next four rows.
Second row: Two beads in Color 1
Third row: One bead in Color 2, one in Color 1, one in Color 2
Fourth row: Two beads in Color 1
Fifth row: Two beads in Color 1
4. To make the first leg, thread two beads of Color 1 and three beads of Color 3 onto one string.
5. Then, using the same string, thread back through the two Color 1 beads. Pull tight.
6. Thread the next five rows the same way you threaded the first row. Then make two more legs the same way you made the first two.
Sixth row: Two beads of Color 1
Seventh row: One bead of Color 1, one bead of Color 4, one bead of Color 1
Eighth row: One bead of Color 1, two beads of Color 4, one bead of Color 1
Ninth row: One bead of Color 1, one bead of Color 4, one bead of Color 1
Tenth row: Two beads of Color 1
7. Finish threading on the final rows, and tie a knot at the end.
Eleventh row: Two beads of Color 1
Twelfth through seventeenth row: One bead of Color 1