The vote counting debacle after the Democratic caucus brings to mind a statement by Josef Stalin: “It’s not the people who vote that count. It’s the people who count the votes.” Does this have a modern day application?
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Procter and Gamble in Iowa City, Nordstrom center in Cedar Rapids employees test positive for COVID-19
- One person killed, three injured, after head-on collision near Atkins
- Iowa commits Keegan and Kris Murray hit home run at DME Sports Academy
- Watch: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds' coronavirus update for Wednesday, April 1
- Kirk Ferentz repeats curve-flattening message and waits and watches as college football sits in limbo
- Iowa minor leaguers adjust to postponed baseball season, appreciate getting paid during break