The vote counting debacle after the Democratic caucus brings to mind a statement by Josef Stalin: “It’s not the people who vote that count. It’s the people who count the votes.” Does this have a modern day application?
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Alburnett holds off Cedar Valley Christian in unexpectedly wild 1A district game
- Subs Cordell Pemsl, Bakari Evelyn help Iowa basketball torpedo Ohio State
- No. 4 Monticello survives Northeast upset bid in 2A boys' basketball district semifinals
- Indiana State knocks off UNI men’s basketball despite late rally
- Iowa 1A state wrestling: Lisbon's perfect start, Heath Moyer's winning return, full first-round results
- Iowa Legislature 2020 first funnel’s survivors and victims