116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
The Iowa High School Athletic Association released district tennis assignments Wednesday for the meets to be held around the state on May 9.
All meets begin at 8 a.m.
District play for singles and doubles in Class 1A and 2A also will determine team qualifiers for substate play. All winners and runners-up qualify for the singles and doubles state tournament, May 24-25. Class 1A will be held at Byrnes Park in Waterloo with the 2A meet slated to be held at Veterans Memorial Tennis Center in Cedar Rapids.
All team winners advance to the substate finals on May 18 with second and third-place teams to meet in a substate preliminary match on May 13.
In Class 2A, top-ranked Iowa City West will host a six-team field that includes Cedar Rapids schools Washington and Prairie.
No. 5 Linn-Mar will play at Iowa City Liberty. That bracket also includes Iowa City High. Cedar Rapids Kennedy and Jefferson will be in competition at Cedar Falls.
Top-ranked Cedar Rapids Xavier will open defense of its 1A title in an eight-team district co-hosted by Fairfield and Maharishi. Decorah, ranked No. 5, also will be hosting a district. Marion was assigned to the Waterloo Columbus district.
Here is a complete list of districts involving Gazette-area schools:
- At Cedar Falls: Cedar Falls, CR Jefferson CR Kennedy, Dubuque Hempstead, Mason City, Waterloo West.
- At Iowa City Liberty: Burlington, IC High, IC Liberty, Linn-Mar, Muscatine, Ottumwa.
- At Iowa City West: Bettendorf, CR Washington, CR Prairie, Davenport West, Iowa City West, Southeast Polk.
- At Decorah: Aplington-Parkersburg, Clear Lake, Decorah, Hampton-Dumont-CAL, Independence, Oelwein, Waverly-Shell Rock, Western Dubuque.
- At Waterloo Columbus: Camanche, DeWitt Central, Dubuque Wahlert, Grundy Center, Maquoketa, Marion, Union, Waterloo Columbus.
- At Fairfield/Maharishi: CR Xavier, Davenport Assumption, Fairfield, Fairfield Maharishi, Fort Madison, Keokuk, Mount Pleasant, West Burlington/Notre Dame.