116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Here’s a look at how players from Eastern Iowa and the University of Iowa are doing in affiliated professional baseball. Statistics are through Friday. Former Iowa Hawkeyes pitcher Jack Dreyer signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers this week as a non-drafted free agent.
- Nick Allgeyer (Iowa/Toronto Blue Jays) — Pitcher was designated for assignment recently, cleared waivers and was taken off Toronto’s 40-man MLB roster. He has a 4-2 record and 4.86 earned run average in 13 games, eight starts, for Triple-A Buffalo.
- Joel Booker (Iowa/Chicago White Sox) — Outfielder recently had a seven-game hitting streak for Double-A Birmingham. He has a .234 batting average in 48 games with the Barons, with five home runs, 15 RBIs and 15 stolen bases.
- Tyler Cropley (Iowa/Kansas City Royals) — Third catcher for Double-A Northwest Arkansas has played only 19 games. Hitting .231 in 52 at-bats, with a homer and five RBIs.
- Zach Daniels (Cedar Rapids Kennedy/Iowa/Atlanta Braves) — Relief pitcher has a 2-2 record, one save and nice 1.56 earned run average for high-A Rome. Has allowed just 24 hits in 34 2/3 innings, walked 20 and struck out 34.
- Nick Gallagher (Iowa City West/Iowa/Cleveland Indians) — Pitcher has a 1-3 record, two saves and 4.56 ERA for Lake County of the High-A Central League. Has made 26 appearances, thrown 42 innings, given up 36 hits and has 53 Ks.
- Korry Howell (Kirkwood C.C./Milwaukee Brewers) — Wisconsin (high-A) outfielder followed a recent 7-for-16 stretch with an 0-for-13 one. Has a .251 batting average in 67 games, with 12 homers, 36 RBIs, 20 stolen bases and an OPS of .831.
- Drew Irvine (Iowa/Pittsburgh Pirates) — Pitcher recently signed with Pittsburgh but has not officially been assigned to a minor league team, yet.
- Grant Judkins (Iowa/Oakland Athletics) — Pitcher from Pella has an 0-4 record and 5.06 earned run average in 11 games, nine starts, for low-A Stockton. Is on the Injured List.
- Mitch Keller (Cedar Rapids Xavier/Pittsburgh Pirates) — Was scheduled to start Saturday night’s game against the Cincinnati Reds for Pittsburgh. Has made one start for Pirates since recall from Triple-A Indianapolis, where he went 1-1 with a 3.21 ERA in eight appearances, six starts.
- Mason McCoy (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Shortstop hitting .229 in 72 games for Triple-A Norfolk, with five triples, five homers and 29 RBIs. Had a three-hit game this week for the Tides.
- Cole McDonald (Iowa/Houston Astros) — Remains on the 60-day injured list at low-A Asheville. Has pitched in one game, one inning with two walks and a strikeout.
- Robert Neustrom (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Since his promotion to Triple-A Norfolk, outfielder has played 17 games, hitting .268 with four homers and 13 RBIs. His OPS with the Tides is .907.
- A.J. Puk (Cedar Rapids Washington/Oakland Athletics) — Pitching in hitter-friendly Triple-A Las Vegas, lefty has a 2-3 record, one save and 6.08 ERA in 26 appearances. Has 48 strikeouts in 40 innings, though he has allowed 52 hits.
- Brady Schanuel (Iowa/Milwaukee Brewers) — Reliever has 3-0 record in 25 relief appearances for high-A Wisconsin with a 6.75 ERA. Has allowed 33 hits in 36 innings, walked 20 and struck out 47.
- Scott Schebler (Cedar Rapids Prairie/Los Angeles Angels) — Outfielder is on the injured list at Triple-A Salt Lake. Was hitting .229 in 57 games, with nine homers and 32 RBIs.
- Connor Van Scoyoc (Cedar Rapids Jefferson/Los Angeles Angels) — Pitcher made five starts for Rookie-level Arizona Complex League Angels and has had one since a promotion to low-A Inland Empire. He went four innings in it, allowed seven hits and two runs, striking out three.
- Spencer Van Scoyoc (Cedar Rapids Jefferson/Philadelphia Phillies) — Is on the 60-day injured list for High-A Jersey Shore.
- Trenton Wallace (Iowa/Toronto Blue Jays) — Recently signed as an 11th-round draft pick but has yet to be assigned officially to a minor league affiliate.
Comments: (319)-398-8258, firstname.lastname@example.org