116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
1. Iowa has won the last four times it hosted Michigan, all by one score. The Wolverines haven’t won at Kinnick Stadium since 2005.
2. The Hawkeyes’ 42-3 loss to Michigan last year only tied for second as the worst Big Ten championship loss. Ohio State beat Wisconsin 59-0 in 2014. The Badgers defeated Nebraska 70-31 in the 2012 title game.
3. This is Michigan’s first road game.
4. Michigan Coach Jim Harbaugh was the starting quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens in 1998 when Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz was the Ravens’ offensive line coach.
5. Harbaugh lived in Iowa City for a time as a boy. Ferentz was born in Michigan.
6. The Hawkeyes have allowed 23 points over their first four games, the fewest since they held their first four foes to 20 in 1956.
7. Iowa has not allowed a point in any third quarter and hasn’t allowed a first-half touchdown.
8. This week, Harbaugh said this about Michigan guard Giovanni El-Hadi: “He is now a trusted agent and known friend.”
9. Michigan leads the nation in fewest penalty yards per game with 21.0. Iowa is sixth with 28.8.
10. Wolverine running back Blake Corum leads the nation in touchdowns with nine.
11. Nevada’s Bentlee Sanders is the only player in the nation with more interceptions (four) than the three of Iowa’s Cooper DeJean. Sanders has played in one more game than DeJean.
12. The Sagarin Ratings, which combines FBS and FCS teams, says Michigan has played the 176th-strongest schedule so far.
13. Seven different Wolverines have completed passes this season and 20 Michigan players have receptions. Sixteen different Wolverines have scored.
14. Iowa and Michigan were both ranked as high as No. 2 in Associated Press’ Top 25 last season.
15. In 2015, Harbaugh said “Fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations.” There is no such right in the Constitution of the United States.
16. The Hawkeyes haven’t scored a touchdown in their last 10 quarters against Michigan. The Wolverines have outscored Iowa 65-20 with Harbaugh as their coach.
17. Iowa safety Kaevon Merriweather is from Belleville, Mich., as are Hawkeye defensive backs Brenden Deasfernandes and Deshaun Lee. Belleville is the home of the Belleville Three, credited with creating the musical style Detroit Techno.
18. Harbaugh is Michigan’s J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach. Ferentz is Iowa’s Moon Family Head Football Coach. Both families made $10 million donations to the respective athletic programs.
20. Iowa’s defensive backs call themselves Doughboyz. They say it’s because you don’t drop money. If you don’t drop money in the tip jar, you’re one of the Cheapboyz.