116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
1. Iowa was outgained by 132 yards by the Gophers last year, but still won, 27-22.
2. Minnesota has lost seven of its last 10 home finales, but won its last two.
3. The Gophers have 39 offensive touchdowns, the Hawkeyes 15.
4. Iowa has held seven teams to 10 or fewer points, the first time it has done so since 1991.
5. Minnesota running back Mohamed Ibrahim has 18 straight 100-yard rushing games. The FBS record is Archie Griffin of Ohio State, with 31.
6. Iowa’s Shonn Greene (2008) is tied with UCF’s Kevin Smith (2007) for the FBS’s most 100-yard rushing games in a season with 13. Ibrahim missed a game to injury this year, so he needs Minnesota to win the West in order to play in 13 games.
7. Opponents have made all 11 field-goal tries against Minnesota. Iowa’s opponents are 14-of-15, with the only miss from 57 yards.
8. Minnesota is 118th nationally in passing offense, Iowa 123rd. Ironically, Air Force is 131st and last.
9. Iowa’s Cooper DeJean is one of 10 FBS players with two interception returns for touchdowns this season. No one has three.
10. Minnesota’s average home crowd this season is 44,886. Its average road crowd is 79,092.
11. The Gophers are the only Big Ten West team that hasn’t been defeated more than once at home.
12. Wisconsin running back Braelon Allen, held to 40 yards on 17 carries at Iowa last week after gaining at least 113 yards in each of his previous four games, was hit by the Hawkeyes at or behind the line of scrimmage on 10 of his rushes.
13. Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan threw 30 touchdown passes over 13 games in 2019 as a second-year sophomore. He has seven TD passes over eight games this year as a fifth-year senior.
14. P.J. Fleck-coached teams are 70-46-3 against the point spread.
15 The over/under number for this game opened at 32.5 points. If it held there or went lower, it would be the lowest total for a college game in history. The low is 33.
16. The last one of these two teams to finish a season in the AP top 10 was Minnesota, in 2019. Iowa’s most-recent top-10 finish was 2015.
17. Iowa and Minnesota are two of the four teams tied for the Big Ten West lead at 4-3. The only time a four-loss team finished first in an FBS conference’s division race was 2004, when Colorado and Iowa State tied at 4-4 atop the Big 12 North.
18. South Dakota State is 10-0 since its 7-3 loss at Iowa. Nevada is 0-6 since its 27-0 loss at Iowa.
19. Minnesota has 11,842 natural lakes. Iowa has 34.
20. Floyd of Rosedale weighs 98 pounds. That’s what Kourtney Kardashian said she weighed in 2018.