116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Home / Sports / Iowa Hawkeyes / Iowa Basketball
Northwestern-Iowa men’s basketball glance: Time/TV/more info
Hawkeyes seek 9th-straight win against Wildcats and a climb above .500 in Big Ten
What: Northwestern (6-3 Big Ten, 15-5 overall) at Iowa (5-5, 13-8)
When/where: Tuesday, 8:07 p.m., Carver-Hawkeye Arena
TV: BTN (Jeff Levering, Jess Settles)
Livestream: Fox Sports Live
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Iowa leads, 123-60
NCAA NET rankings: Iowa 36th, Northwestern 40th
Line: Iowa by 6.5
Records against the spread: Iowa 13-8, Northwestern 12-8
Iowa’s next game: Illinois, 1:30 p.m. Saturday in Iowa City
1. This game was scheduled for Jan. 18, but was postponed because of COVID-19 issues on Northwestern’s team. The Wildcats didn’t play for eight days. They are 3-0 since.
2. Both teams are coming off double-digit home wins. Northwestern drubbed Minnesota 81-61 Saturday and Iowa beat Rutgers Sunday, 93-82.
3. The last meeting between these two teams was Iowa’s 112-76 victory at last March’s Big Ten tournament. The Hawkeyes set tourney records for points and 3-pointers (19) in a game.
4. The Hawkeyes have won their last eight games against the Wildcats, the last five by an average of 21.6 points.
5. Iowa has made two fewer baskets than its opponents this season over 21 games, but has 146 more free throws.
6. Northwestern has had fewer turnovers than its opponents in its last 13 games and has averaged just 8.4 per game in Big Ten play.