116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
Home / Sports / Iowa Hawkeyes / Iowa Basketball
Iowa-Ohio State Big Ten men’s basketball tourney glance: Time/TV/other info
Hawkeyes play 13th-seed Buckeyes for a spot in Friday’s quarterfinals against Michigan State
What: Iowa (11-9 Big Ten, 19-12 overall) vs. Ohio State (5-15, 14-18)
When/where: Thursday, 1:30 p.m. (approximate), United Center, Chicago
TV: BTN (Kevin Kugler, Stephen Bardo, Andy Katz)
Livestream: Fox Sports Live
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM Channel 84
Series: Iowa leads, 84-83
Line: Iowa by 3.5 (opened at 2)
ESPN Bracketology: Iowa is a No. 7. Ohio State isn’t on the radar.
1. Ohio State got to this game by defeating Wisconsin, 65-57. The Buckeyes had a 47-20 lead with 15:34 remaining. It was trimmed to 61-57 with 50 seconds left.
2. Iowa and Ohio State split two regular-season games. The Buckeyes won 93-77 in Columbus on Jan. 21. The Hawkeyes won 92-75 on Feb. 16 in Iowa City.
3. The Buckeyes have won three of their last four games, including double-digit victories over NCAA tournament-bound Illinois and Maryland.
4 Ohio State is the No. 13 seed. No. 13-seeds are 2-2 against No. 5 seeds in this event.
5. This is the first time the Hawkeyes and Buckeyes have met in the Big Ten tourney since Iowa beat Ohio State in the 2006 championship game.
6. Barring an incredible postseason run, the Buckeyes will have their first losing season since 2003-04.
7. Iowa has five players averaging at least 10 points per game, a first for the program in 19 years.
8. Ohio State’s Sean McNeil, who scored 17 points Wednesday: “We're confident. We're playing a lot better. We obviously have a big task in front of us to win the next five games in five days.”
9. Entering Wednesday’s games, the Hawkeyes were third in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio. Ohio State was 162nd.