116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: No. 25 Iowa (4-0) vs. Clemson (4-1)
When/where: Friday, 6 p.m. (CT), Raider Arena, Niceville, Fla.
TV: CBS Sports Network
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Iowa leads, 2-1
Last meeting: Clemson won, 71-55, in 2011
Kenpom.com rankings: Iowa 14th, Clemson 65th
Line: Iowa by 8.5
1. This game is an Emerald Coast Classic semifinal. The winner will meet the winner of Friday’s TCU-California game Saturday at 6 p.m. The loser will face the TCU-Cal loser Saturday at 3 p.m. TCU is 3-1, Cal is 0-5.
2. Clemson is coming off a 72-41 home win over Loyola (Md.) Monday at Clemson. The Tigers’ lone loss was 60-58 at state-rival South Carolina.
3. Like Iowa, Clemson has five players averaging at least 10 points. Junior guard Chase Hunter has team-high averages of 16.2 points and 4.8 assists, and has made 13 of 19 3-pointers.
4. Iowa is averaging 96 points and shooting 50.6 percent from the field, 39.8 percent from 3-point distance. Kris Murray is averaging a Big Ten-best 23.8 points.
5. Since Jan. 31, Iowa’s Connor McCaffery is 24-of-49 from 3-point range for 49 percent.
6. Former Hawkeye Austin Ash scored 19 points for The Citadel in its 80-69 loss at Clemson on Nov. 7.
7. This weekend’s games will be played at Northwest Florida State College in Niceville, in northwest Florida. Raider Arena has a capacity of 2,442.