116 3rd St SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401
What: Iowa (6-1) vs. No. 15 Duke ( 8-2)
When/where: Tuesday, 8:30 p.m. (CT), Madison Square Garden, New York
TV: ESPN (Dan Shulman, Dick Vitale, Holly Rowe)
Radio: Hawkeye Radio Network affiliates, including WMT (600), KKRQ-FM (100.7) and KXIC (800).
Series: Duke leads, 7-1
NCAA NET rankings through Sunday: Duke 17th, Iowa 20th.
Iowa’s next game: Iowa State, in Iowa City Thursday at 7 p.m.
1. Duke has played twice since Iowa’s most-recent game, an 81-65 home win over Georgia Tech last Tuesday. The Blue Devils beat Ohio State, 81-72 last Wednesday, then won their ACC opener against Boston College, 75-59.
2. At 21.0 points and 10.6 rebounds per game, Iowa’s Kris Murray is second in the Big Ten in both behind Purdue’s Zach Edey. Murray was the ESPN Men’s Basketball National Player of the Week. He shared the Big Ten Co-Player of the Week honor with Edey.
3. Duke has two familiar faces to the Hawkeyes in transfers Ryan Young (Northwestern) and guard Jacob Grandison (Illinois).
4. Iowa played four games in Madison Square Garden in 2018. They split a pair in that March’s Big Ten tournament, then beat Oregon and Connecticut to win that November’s Y2K Empire Classic.
5. This is the ninth meeting between the two programs, and in the ninth-different city. The previous games were in New Orleans, Minneapolis, Greensboro, Durham, Iowa City, Honolulu, Anchorage and Chicago.