Downtown Iowa City will light up with laughter, love and diversity as more than 75 performers from around the country converge for 18 shows during this weekend’s Floodwater Comedy Festival. Headliners include University of Iowa graduate, comedian and film actor Paul Rust; actor, screenwriter and comedian Solomon Georgio; and New York cabaret comedian Catherine Cohen. Venues include The Mill, Blue Moose Tap House, Yacht Club, Public Space One, High Grounds Cafe and The Deadwood. Organizers strive to foster a sense of community, donating event proceeds locally to the National Alliance on Mental Illness and CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank.
Floodwater Comedy Festival
Today (2/28) to Saturday (3/2), downtown Iowa City; $55 festival pass or choose individual events, Floodwaterfest.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Friday storms included 4 tornadoes in Iowa, some property damage, no injuries
- Iowa high school boys' soccer state tournament: 2019 brackets
- Rami Scheetz completes perfect season with Class 2A state tennis title
- No. 1 Cedar Rapids Xavier routs Iowa City Liberty, earns 11th boys' state soccer appearance in a row
- Wanted: Digital whizzes to work in agriculture
- Most grass-fed beef labeled ‘product of U.S.A.’ is imported