Downtown Iowa City will light up with laughter, love and diversity as more than 75 performers from around the country converge for 18 shows during this weekend’s Floodwater Comedy Festival. Headliners include University of Iowa graduate, comedian and film actor Paul Rust; actor, screenwriter and comedian Solomon Georgio; and New York cabaret comedian Catherine Cohen. Venues include The Mill, Blue Moose Tap House, Yacht Club, Public Space One, High Grounds Cafe and The Deadwood. Organizers strive to foster a sense of community, donating event proceeds locally to the National Alliance on Mental Illness and CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank.
Floodwater Comedy Festival
Today (2/28) to Saturday (3/2), downtown Iowa City; $55 festival pass or choose individual events, Floodwaterfest.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa men's basketball is 2 NCAA wins from program facelift
- Body found in Iowa City car fire on Gilbert Court
- United States jury rules against Bayer in Roundup cancer case
- Compromise advances sports betting bill in Iowa House
- Glossier online makeup startup is NYC’s newest unicorn, with $1.2 billion valuation
- National Popular Vote Interstate Compact offers a way to bypass the electoral college