Downtown Iowa City will light up with laughter, love and diversity as more than 75 performers from around the country converge for 18 shows during this weekend’s Floodwater Comedy Festival. Headliners include University of Iowa graduate, comedian and film actor Paul Rust; actor, screenwriter and comedian Solomon Georgio; and New York cabaret comedian Catherine Cohen. Venues include The Mill, Blue Moose Tap House, Yacht Club, Public Space One, High Grounds Cafe and The Deadwood. Organizers strive to foster a sense of community, donating event proceeds locally to the National Alliance on Mental Illness and CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank.
Floodwater Comedy Festival
Today (2/28) to Saturday (3/2), downtown Iowa City; $55 festival pass or choose individual events, Floodwaterfest.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football recruiting 2019: Defensive linemen, punter en route and soon in competition for roles
- Iowa will pay for expert witness for man accused of killing Mollie Tibbetts, judge rules
- Latest Cedar Rapids Aldi to open next week
- Chicago locomotive manufacturer buys Cedar Rapids company Pickwick Manufacturing
- Person killed in car fire in Iowa City identified
- Mandarin Spice restaurant planned for downtown Cedar Rapids