This annual event celebrates the anniversary of Iowa’s first bourbon since Prohibition, by pairing live blues music with bourbon cocktails and specialty barbecue menu. On the musical menu: Friday, Brenneman Brothers, 6 to 9 p.m., rock, country and blues; Saturday, The Brothers Almanac, 1 to 4 p.m., Allman Brothers tribute, followed by Grammy-nominated Randy McAllister, 6 to 9 p.m., East Texas blues; Sunday, Kevin “B.F.” Burt of Coralville, 1 to 4 p.m., winner of the 2018 International Blues Challenge in Memphis, Tenn. No outside food or drink allowed; no cover charge or reservations; bring lawn chairs and blankets.
Bourbon & Blues Festival
Friday (7/6) to Sunday (7/8), Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery, 1441 Marak Rd., Swisher; free admission; Crwine.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Panera Bread, Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers coming to downtown Iowa City
- Iowa strength coach Chris Doyle: Don’t sleep on sleep
- Judges pepper attorneys with questions about University of Iowa Children’s Hospital
- Ashton Stoner-DeGroot helps C.R. Prairie pin Iowa City High
- This young woman doesn’t’ want to be afraid
- Bomb threats to businesses in Cedar Rapids, nationwide not credible, police say