After an epic 53-year career, Grammy-winning rocker Peter Frampton will be swinging through Cedar Rapids on his final tour, dubbed “Peter Frampton Finale — The Farewell Tour.” The British-born musician came to fame when he joined the pop-rock band The Herd as lead singer in 1966. Two years later, at age 18, he help found the English band Humble Pie. He went solo in 1971, finding commercial success with his iconic 1976 album, “Frampton Comes Alive!” Among its many hits are “Baby, I Love Your Way” and “Show Me the Way.”
Peter Frampton Finale
7:30 p.m. Monday (7/29), rain or shine, McGrath Amphitheatre, 475 First St. SW, Cedar Rapids; $46 to $136, U.S. Cellular Center Box Office, 1-(800) 745-3000 or Mcgrathamphitheatre.com/event/peter-frampton-finale/
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Lisbon's Cael Happel downs nation's No. 2-ranked wrestler for title at Independence
- Aaron Cashman will get chance to fill in for Spencer Lee when Iowa wrestles Princeton
- Calvin Harris of Western Dubuque is the 2019 Gazette area football player of the year
- Photos: Cliff Keen Independence Invitational, high school wrestling
- Iowa Senate leader: Raise tobacco age to 21; no to legalized marijuana
- Feel-good, if not unexpected, win for Cedar Rapids Prairie boys’ hoops team over North Scott