Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre and the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art are joining forces to present the artistic inspirations behind the world premiere of “The Grant Wood Operas: Strokes of Genius,” onstage April 12 to 14 at Theatre Cedar Rapids. Museum of Art Executive Director Sean Ulmer and Associate Curator Kate Kunau will discuss the chosen Grant Wood pieces, and composers Jean-Francois Charles and Robert Lindsey-Nassif will explain how the specific works inspired their one-act operas. Charles looked to Wood’s Parisian creations, Nassif found inspiration in “American Gothic” and Michael Ching selected eight pieces, from a bench to “Sultry Night.”
Canvas & Composers
7 to 8 p.m. March 14, Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, 410 Third Ave. SE; free; Crma.org/Events/Default.aspx
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa football recruiting 2019: Defensive linemen, punter en route and soon in competition for roles
- Iowa will pay for expert witness for man accused of killing Mollie Tibbetts, judge rules
- Latest Cedar Rapids Aldi to open next week
- Chicago locomotive manufacturer buys Cedar Rapids company Pickwick Manufacturing
- Person killed in car fire in Iowa City identified
- Mandarin Spice restaurant planned for downtown Cedar Rapids