The Kentucky Headhunters are truckin’ their way to Walcott to perform from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday during the 40th annual Truckers Jamboree. Sawyer Brown will headline the main stage from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Friday. Other highlights include fireworks tonight and Friday; a super truck beauty contest; antique truck display; Iowa pork chop cookouts; more than 150 exhibits; trucker Olympics; carnival games; and a 100th birthday party for two trucks at the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum: a 1919 International and a 1919 Pierce Arrow. Admission is free to all events, including concerts.
Walcott Truckers Jamboree
10 a.m. to dark today (7/11) and Friday (7/12), 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (7/13), Iowa 80 Truckstop, I-80 Exit 284, Walcott; free; Truckersjamboree.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion 8th-grader Myles Davis already making an impact as starting shortstop
- Buoyed by Iowa’s primary turnout, auditors push absentee ballot requests
- Iowa sees surge in drivers going over 100 mph
- Old Creamery Theatre in Amana cuts staff, cancels season
- Iowa-developed mice used to test coronavirus therapies
- Shot fired during residential robbery in Iowa City