Vinton will be booming on the ground and overhead. Activities begin Friday night with a TGIF (Thank God It’s Fireworks) Party, featuring a beer tent, food, DJ and free fireworks preview at the fairgrounds. On Saturday, Boom-fest runs downtown from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Then the fun moves to the fairgrounds, with gates opening at 4 p.m. Slap ‘N Tickle band will play at 6 p.m. and returns after the fireworks. Opening ceremonies begin at 7:30 p.m., followed by fireworks showcases, then the grand display at 9:30 p.m.
5 p.m. Friday (8/24) and all day Saturday (8/25); Saturday festival in downtown Vinton, fireworks both nights at Benton County Fairgrounds, 1702 Second Ave., Vinton; $10 grandstand, $10 fairgrounds parking; Vintonboomtown.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Highway 100 nearing completion in Cedar Rapids
- Stat Pak: Iowa isn’t bad, it’s just that Wisconsin is that much better
- River still expected to hit major flood stage Tuesday
- Potential 2020 Democratic contenders test caucus messages
- Granddaughter of woman who founded Catholic Worker movement to visit Eastern Iowa
- Against Wisconsin, Iowa coulda, shoulda, didn’t