The University of Iowa Hawkeyes aren’t the only ones on their toes for this weekend’s Homecoming. Hancher is participating in Friday’s parade, featuring costumes from American Ballet Theatre’s “Whipped Cream.” The lavish production won’t come to the Hancher stage until April 6, but these confections will make their Iowa City debut on Hancher’s float. The parade also features guests of honor, student and community organizations, bands, the public library’s Bookmobile and Book Cart Drill Team, and various UI departments parading their school spirit before 15,000 spectators. The finale kicks off at 11 a.m. Saturday when the Hawkeyes face Maryland in Kinnick Stadium.
UI Homecoming Parade
5:45 p.m. Friday (10/19), Clinton Street and Iowa Avenue in downtown Iowa City; free; Homecoming.uiowa.edu/parade
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
- Open records case regarding Burlington police shooting heads into next year
- Iowa high school state football championships: Friday's final scores
- Two dead, one injured in Highway 1 crash near Solon
- Three face burglary charges after breaking into construction site, leading police on chase
- Tristan Wirfs grew up smiling, and Mount Vernon smiled back
- Iowa City man faces felony charges after meth lab found in backpack