This popular 8K Run and 5K Run/Walk will not only prepare participants for the onset of holiday marathons, proceeds will support local Horizons and Feeding Lunch to Youth (FLY) programs. Hard-core trotters can race along an 8K route through the streets and a cemetery in south Marion, beginning and ending at Marion High School. Family fun runners can trot at their own pace over a 5K course. Runners and volunteers can chow down on free pancakes from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at the high school; guests can dine for $6. An awards ceremony will begin at 10 a.m.
The Return of the Turkey Trot
9 a.m. Saturday (11/16), Marion High School, 675 S. 15th St., Marion; $15 to $32, Trottt.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Marion 8th-grader Myles Davis already making an impact as starting shortstop
- Buoyed by Iowa’s primary turnout, auditors push absentee ballot requests
- Cedar Rapids protesters plan Black Freedom Rally Friday afternoon
- Iowa sees surge in drivers going over 100 mph
- Old Creamery Theatre in Amana cuts staff, cancels season
- What happens if you set off fireworks illegally in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City (plus a lesson in fire safety)