Tournament of Drums, a long-held tradition in Cedar Rapids, is moving to Marion’s Linn-Mar Stadium because of construction at Kingston Stadium. The show brings nearly 1,000 young adults from seven drum and bugle corps nationwide to compete in this musical extravaganza. A project also is underway to collect the history of drum and bugle corps in Cedar Rapids. Former members and staff are being interviewed, and photos and memorabilia are being gathered for a book. To contribute, bring photos and documents to the show or email them to CorpsHistory@gmail.com
Tournament of Drums
7 p.m. Friday (8/2), Linn-Mar Stadium, 3333 10th St., Marion; $13 advance at West Music and Hills Bank, $15 at the gate, free ages 5 and under; Tournamentofdrums.com
Want to join the conversation?
Consider subscribing to TheGazette.com and participate in discussing the important issues to our community with other Gazette subscribers.
Already a Gazette or TheGazette.com subscriber? Just login here with your account email and password.
MORE Hoopla ARTICLES TO READ NEXT ...
TOP STORIES FROM THE GAZETTE
- Iowa 2020 depth chart projections, RB: The runway is clear for Tyler Goodson's takeoff
- Missing: Cedar Rapids man disappeared more than 2 months ago, his family wants answers
- Another big shot for Alexis Sevillian: No. 22 Iowa rallies past Minnesota
- Blairstown man killed in head-on Benton County crash Wednesday
- California investor buys future Amazon delivery station in Iowa City
- Cedar Rapids Prairie senior Johnny Washburn lets his wrestling do the talking